A crispy snack Gujarati Farsi Puri recipe made from all purpose flour. Gujrati farsi puri slightly resemble Mathri in texture, but quite different in taste. Like other snacks the farsi puri is a perfect tea time snacks. This farsi poori can be prepared in advance and stored in an air tight container for around 15-20 days. Avoid exposing them to air and they will remain crisp for long time.
Cuisine: Indian Snacks – Gujarati Farsi Puri
Preparing Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Serving – 2
Ingredients for Gujarati Farsi Puri
- 2 Cup All purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jira)
- 2 Teaspoon Black pepper Crushed
- Salt as per taste
- 2 Tablespoon ghee
- 1/2 cup water
Method of cooking Gujarati Farsi Puri
- Take all purpose flour (Maida) in a bowl, add Cumin seeds, black pepper, salt and one and a half table spoon of ghee (Note: Always use the melted ghee as it can be easily mixed)
- To make the puri flaky, Mix well all the ingredients with your hands properly.
- We should add a lot of ghee as you can see without adding water also you will be able to bind the flour.
- Then add some water and mix well (Note: do not use much water and keep the dough little hard)
- Once dough is ready cover it with the wet cloth and let it rest aside for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough in four equal parts and make balls, take the first ball and put it over a rolling board (Chakla) and roll it into a thick flat disc
- Apply some ghee on top of the rolled puri evenly, then from one end start rolling and make like a roll.
- Cut the rolled tube horizontally into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Take one piece and press it with your hand and make it flat and start rolling it like a puri. Do this for all the pieces. Roll it thick like a mathari. Prick all the puris with the help of folk or knife.
- Take oil in deep frying pan on medium flame, once oil gest hot add puri . (Depending upon the frying vessel you can fry the puris in batches.)
- Fry till the puri is golden brown in color.
- Delicious FarsiPuri smack is ready serve with Masala Tea.
- It can be store in air tight container and use it for 15 to 20 days.