Kaju Paneer Masala, a delightful recipe cooked with lots of cashew nuts and paneer as the main ingredient. Kaju Paneer Masala is a little sweet recipe which makes it favorite among the kids.
Specially made on the special occasion of Diwali, Dussehra or when some special guests are visiting home or at a special event like wedding anniversary or husband’s birthday special recipe. Typically served with Tandoori Roti but many people like it better with Phulka or Tawa Roti and even steamed or jeera rice.
Kaju Paneer Masala is the north Indian Cusine but favorite across West and Center India as well
Recipe Type: Main Course Curry – Kaju Paneer Masala Recipe
Cuisine: North Indian
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking time 45 Minutes
Servings – 2
Ingredient for making Kaju Paneer Masala Recipe
- 250 Gram Paneer
- 1/2 Cup kaju (Cashew Nuts)
- 2 Medium Onion finely chopped
- 3 Medium Size Tomato ( 2 Finely chopped and 1 tomato gravy)
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder/haldi
- 1 teaspoon red chili
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon cumin/ jeera powder
- 3-4 red chili pepper dry
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Dalchini (Cinnamon)
- 3-4 black paper seeds
- ½ teaspoon kasuri methi
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon curd
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Oil 2 Tablespoon
- 2 teaspoon butter
- Fresh coriander leaf finely chopped
Preparation of gravy for Kaju Paneer Masala
- Take chopped onion, tomato, kaju and red chili pepper dry in a small pan with some water and boil it for 5 to 7 minutes in medium flame, and keep aside to cool down.
- Make a smooth paste of the mix once it is cooled.
- Keep Paneer in hot water for some time to make it smooth then cut it into square pieces.
- Take milk , curd and sugar in grinder and mix well
Method of cooking Kaju Paneer Masala Recipe.
- Take oil in frying pan on medium flame
- Add ginger garlic paste, bay leaf, dalchini, black pepper seeds and saute it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato puree into pan and cook it for 2-3 minutes again
- Then add boiled onion tomato kaju paste into the pan.
- Saute it on medium flame for 5-7 minutes then add kasuri methi and butter
- Add coriander powder, red chili, turmeric powder, garam masala, cumin/ jeera powder and some water.
- Keep flame low and cover the pan and cook it for 2-3 minutes
- Check if the paste is cooked and got light brown in color
- Then add Curd mix, if required add half glass of water as per the thickness of gravy you need and cook it for 4-5 minutes.
- Add honey and Paneer cubes and cook for 2 more minutes and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with grated Kaju and coriander leaves
- Serve this creamy Kaju Paneer gravy with Roti , Chapatti or Jeera rice
For recent post updates on my blog, LikeFacebookbook page to get the feed: Kalpskitchen
Nutrition fact about Kaju Paneer Recipe
Most of the people don’t know, but Paneer is helpful in losing weight, it contains calcium and is a great source of conjugated linoleic acid- fatty acid which helps to lose weight. Cashew nuts (Kaju) help to prevent cancer, keeps Healthy Heart, Lowers High Blood Pressure, keeps healthy hair, bones and nerves. Also, cashew nuts benefit skin as well as weight loss. So, If you are more health conscious you can lessen the amount of butter.