Cuisine: Indian Curry – Punjabi Aloo Kadhi
Preparing Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
Serving – 4
Ingredients for Punjabi Aloo Kadhi Recipe
- ½ Liter Butter Milk
- ½ Cup Gram Flour (Besan)
- 2 Medium Potato ( Cut into equal cubes)
- ½ Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Pinch of asafoetida (Hing)
- 1 Teaspoon Kasuri Methi (Dried fenugreek leaves)
- 1Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Salt as per Taste
- 2-3 Green Chilli finely chopped
- 1 Medium Onion Sliced
- 5-6 Clove Garlic sliced
- 3-4 Dried Red chilli
- 8- 10 Kadhi Patta
- 1 Teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- Oil as required
- Fresh Coriander leaves finely chopped
Method of cooking Punjabi Aloo Kadhi Recipe
- In deep frying pan take butter milk add water as per soar taste required.
- Add Gram flour, Potato, Kasuri Methi, Ginger Garlic paste, asafetida, Turmeric Powder, Green chill, salt and mix well
- Keep the Pan in medium flam when it start boiling make the flame in slow and cover it.
- Let it keep boiling till Potato get soft Saute it in between ( It will take around 20 Minutes)
- Once it cooked well now time to add Tadka on it
- Take Tadka Pan add 1 Tablespoon of oil and heat in medium flam
- Add Oinon and fry it till get slightly brown and crispy add this in Kadhi.
- Take Tadka Pan again add 1 Table spoon oil in medium flam
- Add Cumin Seeds, Mustard seeds after in crackles add garlic kadhi patta then Add Red chilli in last to avoid burn.
- Add this tadka in kadhi mix well and boil; it for 2-3 minutes then switch off the flam.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chapatti or rice.
For recent post updates on my blog, LikeFacebookbook page to get the feed: Kalpskitchen