Cuisine: Indian Stuffed Paratha – Aloo Paratha Recipe
Preparing Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Serving – 2
Ingredients for Aloo Paratha recipe
- 2 Cup Wheat Flour
- 3 Medium Potato boiled and peeled
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- 4-5 Green chili finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon red chili
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
- Water as required
- Coriander leaves
Method of cooking Aloo Paratha Recipe
- Take 1 and a half cup of wheat flour, 1 teaspoon oil, and salt in small bowl to prepare dough. Incrementally add water in small quantity and make smooth and soft dough like chapatti. Grease some oil into the dough and cover it with cloth and keep aside for some time.
- For stuffing take 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and keep it on medium flame.
- Add cumin seeds let it get crackle add onion and green chili sauté it till onion get brown.
- Add mashed potato sauté for 2-3 minutes then add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt, mix well. Cook it for around 5 minutes
- Once all ingredients mix well switch off the flame and add coriander leaves.
- Keep aside for some to get it cool which will be easy to use stuffing and make Parathas.
- Divide stuffing into 8 equal parts and make ball shape.
- Divide prepared dough also in 8 equal parts and give them a round shape.
- Take ½ cup wheat flour in a plat for dusting.
- Take one dough ball and coat it with wheat flour on both side, put it on rolling board (Chakla) and roll it out into a circle.
- Put one stuffing ball in the center of the circle.
- Wrap stuffing ball by lifting all sides of rolled circle towards top, seal the edges and again roll it into a round shape.
- Press stuffed ball into rolling board and dust with some dry flour
- Again roll it out into a circle like chapatti. (Do not press much or make it thin otherwise stuffing will come out. Press gently.
- Place it on hot tava on medium flame, when tiny bubbles start raising into the surface reduce the flame and flip it over.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon oil over Paratha all the sides cook it for around 20-30 sec by pressing it over.
- Flip on the other side and spread ½ tablespoon oil and cook again for 20 -30 sec by pressing gently.
- Cook it till get nicely brown by flipping both the sides.
- Take this into plate place butter over it and serve hot with Green/ Pudina chutney or Pickle.