Bhindi or Ladyfinger or Okra is a very healthy vegetable available easily across India, Today we will be trying Bhindi masala in a new way, Satvik Bhindi Masala (No Onion No Garlic Bhindi Masala). With no onion and garlic, make this recipe a perfect suit for Indian festivals as most of the people don’t use onion and garlic in the food they prepare during the festival to serve the God/Goddess they worship. Generally, we serve Satvik food to the god we worship during festivals days.
Cuisine: Indian Cuisine – Satvik Bhindi Recipe
Preparing Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Serving – 2
Ingredients for Bhindi Masala
250gram Bhindi (Ladyfinger/Okra) Cut into equal pieces
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
½ teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
Coriander leaves finely chopped
Cooking Oil – 1 tbsps
Salt to taste
Method of cooking Bhindi Masala
- Take oil in frying pan on medium flame
- Add cumin seeds
- Once seeds crackles add ladyfinger pieces sauté it for 3-4 minutes
- Now add turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masla and salt.
- Saute it for 1 min then turn the flame in low and cover it.
- Cook it for 5 to 7 minute in low flame and sauté in between to avoid burn and change the taste.
- Switch off the fame after 5 to 7 minute, crispy coriander flavor bhindi is ready.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves and serve hot with chapati or plain paratha.
For recent post updates on my blog, LikeFacebookbook page to get the feed: Kalpskitchen