How to make Chole Masala (Chickpeas Curry)
Chole Masala is an Indian curry made in variety style all over India. I often made it at home because my husband loves it. It takes much time to prepare due to chole (Chana or chickpeas), basically, cholas are pressure cooked separately and then they are mixed with the gravy. Chole Masala is also known as Indian chickpea curry or Chana masala curry. Primarily a north Indian recipe but loved across India.
This Indian chickpea recipes chana masala is served with naan, roti, rice or bhatura. It is the one of a favorite Indian dish for a special occasion like Diwali or even a birthday or evening dinner party. Read the following recipe and try it at your home this channa masala recipe restaurant style. Promisingly, your family members will give you a pre-order for next time.
Cuisine: Indian Cuisine – Chole Masala / Chana Masala
Preparing Time: 15Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
Serving – 2
Ingredients of Chole Masala / Chana Masala /Chickpeas Curry
- Chole (chickpeas ) – 1 Cup (Soaked overnight)
- Refined Oil – 2 Tablespoon
- Onion – 2 medium (1 finely chopped and make smooth paste of 1 onion)
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tea Spoon
- Tomato – 1 Medium sized finely chopped
- Red Chili powder – 1 Tea Spoon
- Turmeric Powder – ½ Tea Spoon
- Coriander Powder – ½ Tea Spoon
- Garam Masala- ½ Tea Spoon
- Chole Masala – ½ Tea Spoon
- Cumin Powder – ½ Tea Spoon
- Coriander leaves (Cilantro) – Finely Chopped
- Tej Patta (Indian bay leaf) – 1 Medium
- Black Paper Seeds – 3 to 4
- Salt to taste
Method of cooking Chole Masala (Chana Masala)
- Boil chole in pressure cooker with one and a half glass of water and some salt in medium flame till 2 whistle
- Take oil in deep frying pan on medium heat.
- After heating oil put Bay leaf, black pepper seeds in it.
- Add chopped onion into the pan and stir till it gets brown
- Add onion paste and stir till it gets brown
- Then Add ginger garlic paste into the pan and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add Red chili, Turmeric powder, Coriander powder, Garam masala, Chole Masala, Cumin powder into the pan and stir over low heat for about 5 min
- Add chopped tomato and stir for 10 min in low heat.
- Once masala gets ready, add boiled chole and salt as per taste, add some water cook it for 5 to 7 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with chapatti or rice.
Nutrition fact of Chole Masala Recipe:
Chana masala recipe’s main ingredient chickpeas have many hidden nutrient facts. Chickpeas /chana /chole or garbanzo beans give good health effect. It is a friendly source of protein and full of dietary fiber. You can add it to your diet, but soaked one, raw chickpeas can make an opposite effect on your health.