A crispy Gujarati snack Farsi Puri recipe made from all purpose flour. Gujrati Farsi puri resembles mathri in texture, but quite different in taste. Like other snacks, the Farsi puri is a perfect tea time snacks. This Farsi puri can be prepared in advance and stored in an airtight container for around 15-20 days. Avoid exposing them to air and they will remain crisp for a long time.
Cuisine: Indian Snacks – Gujrati Farsi Puri
Preparing Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Serving – 2
Ingredients for Farsi Puri
2 All-purpose Flour (Maida)
1 Teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jira)
2 Teaspoon Black pepper Crushed
2 Tablespoon Kasuri Methi
Salt as per taste
2 Tablespoon ghee
1/2 cup water
Method of cooking Farsi Puri:
- Take Maida in mixing bowl, add Cumin seeds, black paper, Kasuri Methi , salt and 1 and a half tablespoon of ghee (Note: Always use the melted ghee as it can be easily mixed)
- Mix all the ingredient nicely
- We should add enough ghee (as required we called it moyan which helps to make poori crispy) then add little water to bind the dough. The dough should be little hard.
- Once the dough is ready, cover it with the wet cloth and let it rest aside for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into four equal parts and take the first ball and put it on a rolling board (Chakla) and roll it into a thick flat disc
- Apply some ghee on top of the rolled puri evenly, then from one end start rolling and make like a tube.
- Cut the rolled tube horizontally into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Take one piece and press it with your hand and make it flat and start rolling it like a puri. Do this for all the pieces. Roll it thick like a mathri. Prick all the puris with the help of folk or knife.
- Take oil in deep frying pan on medium flame, once oil hot add puri .( Depending upon the frying vessel you can fry the puris in batches.)
- After 2-3 minutes turn the flame into low and deep fry it.
- When bottom surface turns golden brown flip it over to another side and deep fry until another side turns golden brown and crisp.
- It will take 6-7 minutes to fry completely from both the sides.
- Once done nicely take out from oil and keep it on tissue paper to soak extra oil.
- Delicious FarsiPuri smack is ready to serve with Masala Tea.
- It can be stored in airtight container and use it for 15 to 20 days.
For recent post updates on my blog, LikeFacebookbook page to get the feed: Kalpskitchen