Pindi Chole Recipe, Punjabi Pindi Chana – How to make Punjabi Pindi Chole
Cuisine: Indian Cuisine – Pindi Chole
Preparing Time – 20 Minutes
Cooking Time – 1 Hour
Serving – 4
Ingredient for Pindi Chole / Punjabi Pindi Chana
- 250 grams chole / kabuli chana / White chick peas
- 1 teaspoon tea leaves
- 7-8 cloves
- 3-4 cinnamon
- 3-4 Green cardamom
- 2-3 Black cardamom
- 2-3 Bay leaves
- A inch Ginger
- 2-3 Green chilies
- 1 teaspoon turmeric / haldi powder
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried mango powder
- 2 tablespoon ajwain
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi
- 1 tablespoon tamarind water
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dhaniya powder
- Black salt and regular salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin / jeera powder
- 1 teaspoon Pomegranate powder
Method of cooking for Pindi Chole / Punjabi Pindi Chana
- Soak chole overnight
- Take a cloth and put tea leaves, bay leaves, cloves, green and black cardamom, cinnamon in it, make a bundle by tying a knot (Potli)
- Take a pan and put soaked chole in it along with the bundled spices, salt, add water and allow it to boil for at least an hour.
- Once boiled, add dhania powder, jeera powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, dried mango powder, pomegranate powder and kasuri methi and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add ajwain, ginger, garlic and green chilies, saute it nicely and add this Tadka into chole.
- Add water, pinch of black salt, one tablespoon tamarind puree, salt as per taste into chole and cook it on medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Once cooked garnish with chopped coriander.