Tawa Paneer Recipe – How to make Tawa Paneer Recipe
Cuisine: Indian Cuisine – Tawa Paneer
Preparation time -15 minute
Cooking Time – 30min
Servings – 2
- 250 gms paneer
- 1 large onion finely chopped, about 120 gms
- 1 medium capsicum 100 gms
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped, 150 gms
- 4 to 5 medium garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 green chili, chopped
- ½ tsp carom seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- red chilli powder ¼ tsp
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- ½ tsp garam masala + ¼ tsp dry mango powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp crushed kasuri methi
- salt as required
- few chopped coriander leaves for garnish
Method of cooking Tawa Paneer Recipe:
- Finely chop the onions and capsicum/green bell pepper.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes, green chili, ginger and garlic.
- Crush the ginger and garlic to a paste.
- Make a smooth puree of tomatoes and keep aside.
- Chop the paneer in ½ inch cubes.
- Melt butter on a tawa.
- Add the carom seeds and fry them for a few seconds or till aromatic.
- Now add the onions and saute till translucent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, green chilies, finely chopped capsicum and saute for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Then add the red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, amchur powder/dry mango powder.
- Stir and saute for about a minute.
- Then add the tomato puree and salt.
- Stir well and saute till you see butter releasing from the sides and the masala has thickened a bit. this takes about 8 to 10 minutes on a low flame.
- If the tomato masala looks dry, then add 1 or 2 tbsp of water and continue to saute.
- Add the paneer cubes and stir well, so that the masala coats the paneer cubes evenly.
- Cook the paneer for 1 to 2 minutes. then add the crushed kasuri methi leaves. stir very well and switch off the flame.
- garnish with coriander leaves and serve tawa paneer masala with chapatis, phulkas, naan or bread.