Sooji Cutlets are very tasty, unique, crispy and tasty Indian recipe. Sooji Cutlets also called Rawa Cutlets Recipe or Semolina Cutlets and aloo suji ke cutlet. It is an ideal recipe for breakfast, tea time snacks or even for parties. This is also a healthy recipe as it contains semolina, which helps in boosting the immune system.
As we all know that Semolina or suji made from the durum wheat, which is a hard variety. It is not from that soft wheat used for making bread. It is consumed by the people who wish to lose weight as it digested slowly and have low glycemic index. It helps in smooth functioning of muscles. Semolina contains phosphorus that is essential for metabolizing energy. Also, it is taken by those who have blood sugar problems.
These are easy suji ke snacks included ingredients -potato (mashed), green chilly, onion and the Indian spices add the awesome flavours and make them tasty. First, you roast the Suji in ghee so that it can’t be raw. You can give them any shape you want, I have given flatten round shape. Try out this easy snacks with rawa and served it with chutney or sauce of your choice.
Sooji Cutlets Recipe or Rawa Cutlets is easy and fast to make breakfast or evening snacks. The ingredients required to make Sooji Cutlets are very common and available very easily. Also, the steps involved in making this cutlet are very easy and fast.
Cuisine: Breakfast / Appetizer – Sooji Cutlets Recipe – Rawa Cutlets Recipe – Semolina Cutlets
Preparing Time: 20 min Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Serving – 2
Ingredients for Sooji Cutlet Recipe – Rawa Cutlet Recipe
- 1 Cup Sooji / Rawa (Semolina) Roasted nicely in ghee
- 2 medium size potato (boiled and mashed)
- 1medium size onion (Finely chopped)
- 4-5 green chilly finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Jira ( Cumin Seeds)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¾ teaspoon red chilly powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for deep fry
Method of cooking Sooji Cutlets – Rawa Cutlets recipe
- Take half tablespoon oil in frying pan on medium flame.
- Once the oil is hot add Jira (Cumin Seeds) let it crackles then add green chilly and onion, sauté it till get brown then switch off the flame.
- Take a mixing bowl add sooji (Semolina), mashed potato, fried onion, green chilli, Turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala, lemon juice, coriander leaves and salt mix all the ingredients nicely and make a thick paste.
- Now divide this mixture into equal portion as per your preferred size of cutlet.
- Take some oil in your palm and make the cutlet( Tikki) from this mixture and cover this cutlet ( Tikki) with breadcrumbs. Follow the same procedure for all the cutlet (Tikki).
- Once all the cutlet is done keep this in the refrigerator for about 15 min to get settle.
- Take Oil in deep frying nonstick pan on medium flame
- Once oil is hot add Soji cutlet into oil for deep fry (Add only 3-4 at a time to avoid breaking into the oil)
- Saute is in a proper interval and turn to another side to fry.
- Take out the cutlet from oil once it turns into golden brown and drains on a paper napkin to remove excess oil.
- Serve this delightful hot Soji cutlets / Semolina Cutlets / Rawa Cutlets with Sauce or chutney of your choice
For recent post updates on my blog, LikeFacebookbook page to get the feed: Kalpskitchen
Also try Chole Tikki if you like this recipe.