Cuisine: Indian Breakfast – Sweetcorn bell pepper salad
Preparing Time: 5 min Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Serving – 2
Ingredient for Sweetcorn Bell Pepper salad
- 1 cup sweetcorn (soaked in warm water for 10 minutes)
- 1 small Red bell pepper (Capsicum) finely chopped
- 1 small Green bell pepper (Capsicum) finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Tamarind Paste
- 1 onion medium size finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 3-4 stalks spring onion finely chopped
- ½ black pepper powder
- Salt As per Taste
- ½ cup corn flour2 green chilly finely chopped
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Oil For deep fry
Method of preparing Sweetcorn Bell Pepper Salad
- Take a mixing bowl and make the paste of corn flour, salt and keep aside for 5 minutes. The consistency of the paste should be liquid not very thick
- Take out sweetcorn from water in a strainer and keep aside for some time so that all the water get drained
- Take oil in deep frying pan on medium flame
- Once the oil is hot dip sweet corn in corn flour paste and take a small portion of the mixture in the hand and gently drop into hot oil. And deep fry until they turn golden brown. Keep stirring occasionally in between so they cook evenly.
- Take them out and drain the excess oil by using a paper towel.
- While deep frying try sweetcorn should be separated from each other rather than frying in a bunch.
- Now take some oil in frying pan on medium flame.
- Once the oil is hot add onion and green chilly, sauté it for 2-3 minutes then add chopped bell peppers and spring onion.
- Sauté it for 2-3 minutes again then add ginger garlic paste and let it cook nicely.
- Add some salt and Tamarind Paste and sauté it for 2 minutes more
- Add deep fried sweet corn, mix well and sprinkle some black pepper powder and salt if required. cook this for 2-3 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Serve this mix colorful healthy sweetcorn bell pepper salad for breakfast or as a tea time snacks.
For recent post updates on my blog, LikeFacebookbook page to get the feed: Kalpskitchen